MSc Accounting and Finance
Designed for professionals who are looking for a different style of degree study, Arden University’s MSc Accounting and Finance course is an innovative exploration into real world business, and enriched by contemporary debate and trends in accounting and finance.
1 to 3 years
Apr 2024, Jul 2024, Oct 2024
The MSC Accounting and Finance course offered fully online by Arden University supports your career progression in today’s fintech sector and develops your skills in digital analysis and data handling. You will source, examine, and analyse live data sets from real world business cases and then apply contemporary accounting and finance principles to develop your own solutions to the strategic challenges.
The course also explores technologies such as blockchain, fintech services, cloud computing, and distributed ledgers, helping you refine your skills and prepare for careers in a wide range of accounting and finance roles. You’ll have the opportunity to evaluate the impact that accounting and finance has on strategic planning, preparing to contribute to large strategic projects such as mergers and acquisitions, pricing, capital expenditure, and investment.
This online MSc Accounting and Finance will equip you with the skills and knowledge to pursue a range of rewarding careers, such as:
- Asset Manager
- Inventory Management
- Business Planner
- Business Manager
- Technology Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Blockchain Designer
- Careers in Fintech
This master’s degree is awarded by Arden University, a UK institution who has served over 50,000 students from across the globe. Arden’s courses are all designed with student success in mind and a strong focus on career-ready skills. The learning material is created with guidance and insights from industry experts, so the course itself reflects the real-life work environment and scenarios you’ll encounter after graduating.
Standard Entry Criteria
To be eligible for our MSc Accounting and Finance degree applicants must have:
- Passed an UG degree (ideally in a Business related discipline, but not limited to Business)
- Passed level 6 degree apprenticeship (ideally in Business)
For applicants holding professional qualifications, the following entry criteria would apply:
- Completed ACCA F1-F9 papers OR
- CIMA Certificate, Operational and Management Level Papers OR
- Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) Fellowship OR
- ICAEW Certificate and Professional Level Papers OR
- AAT Full membership
- Other full membership of relevant professional qualifications like CIM, CMI
Non Standard Entry Criteria
- We will consider an application from applicants if they can demonstrate appropriate work experience.
- At least 5 years work experience is required for consideration, in a role where applicants are able to demonstrate transferable skills – ideally within the Business discipline (not limited to Accounting and Finance).
- Membership of a professional body will be desirable
As an institution that believes in making higher education more accessible, Arden University has recently introduced a Scholarship programme for international students studying with us online.
Designed for ambitious international students like you, these scholarships allow you to benefit from significant reductions in your tuition fees.
Am I eligible to apply?
In order to receive one of Arden’s international scholarships, you’ll need to be:
- Applying from an eligible country, either as a citizen or permanent resident of the region.
- Applying for one of our eligible online programmes.
Core modules (20 credits each)
- Managing Within a Competitive Environment
- Analysing Business and Financial Performance
- Analysing Financial Statements
- Accountability, Governance and Assurance
- Global Issues in Taxation and Fiscal Policy
- Managing Strategic Finance and Risk
Final project (60 credits)
- Financial Management Project
This course is delivered 100% online, which means you decide when and where you work through your self-guided learning materials, without being held to a set lecture timetable. If you’re interrupted during a lesson, you can simply pause the materials and continue later. You can also speak and collaborate with your tutor and classmates through live online forums and email.