BA (Hons) Health and Care Management with Foundation Year
This course is designed for people who want to move into a management position in healthcare, but who may not yet qualify for university level study. This online healthcare management degree with an integrated foundation year is the solution you’ve been looking for.
4 to 12 years
Apr 2024, Jul 2024, Oct 2024
If you want move your career in healthcare forward with an internationally recognised degree, but you don’t yet have the qualifications required to enter university, then this is the ideal programme for you.
Arden is the university that comes to you
This degree is delivered online, with no fixed lecture times, and with 24/7 access to all study materials online, so that you can keep your unique lifestyle and commitments alongside your study. With 24/7 access to student support, and 1-to-1 communications with your UK tutors, your degree is completely tailored to your needs.
Foundation Year Modules
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills and Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Structure of Business
- Technology in Organisations
- Skills for Learning in Care
- Social, Political and Environmental Issues in International Healthcare
- Communication and Collaboration in Managing the Professional Environment
- Meeting the Needs of Service Users
- Planning and Managing Resources
- Fostering Dignity and Respect
- Financial Control and Budgeting
- Performance Improvement and Management in Health and Social Care
- Public Health
- Health Promotion
- Inter-Agency Working
- Leading Teams in Health and Social Care
- Quality Management in a Care Setting
- Business Analysis and Planning
- Global Health and Sustainability
- Project Management and Risk
- Research Methods and Final Project
At least 3 x GCSEs OR 45 credits at Level 2 or equivalent – if your qualifications are older than 3 years we would also ask to see a professional CV.
Candidates for our online Healthcare Management with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
Non-Standard Entry Route
- If you don’t meet the qualification requirements, you can also qualify based on a minimum of 12 months of professional work experience evidenced with a CV and Reference.
- If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element). We also offer an internal English test for applicants.